200 Plus Families / 4,500 Plus Mutual Funds / Exchange Traded Funds
A self-directed brokerage account entails greater risk and is not appropriate for everyone. Additional fees apply to a BrokerageLink account.
Please see NetBenefits (available via the Your Account link at top of page, with your username and password) for a more detailed description of BrokerageLink and its associated risks before deciding to invest in BrokerageLink.
What is Fidelity BrokerageLink®?
Fidelity BrokerageLink® is a brokerage account specifically designed for defined contribution plans. This account allows you to invest and trade your retirement savings into thousands of mutual funds and exchange traded funds (etfs) within the Fidelity Brokerage System. You have an opportunity to invest in mutual funds and exchange traded funds that are available through Fidelity’s FundsNetwork®. You can only invest in mutual funds and exchange traded funds in BrokerageLink – your plan does not allow for investments in stocks and other investment vehicles.
How do I open a Fidelity BrokerageLink account in my Directed Account Plan?
Participants have a choice of applying online or having the application mailed to them to establish the BrokerageLink feature on your account:
Online Application Process
1)Logon to your account at NetBenefits and look for the Quicklink Box in the upper right hand corner of the opening page.
2)Click on BrokerageLink in the Quicklink Box that will bring you to the BrokerageLink Central where you can learn more about this option and start the application process. Click on the Open Account link to apply. You will receive your account number that day and generally should be able to exchange from accounts the next business day.
Mailed Application Process
- Call the Fidelity Retirement Benefits Line at 1-800-881-4015 any business day from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Ask the Fidelity representative to send you a Fidelity BrokerageLink Kit.
- Once you receive the kit:
- Read the enclosed Fidelity BrokerageLink brochure. This booklet provides an overview of Fidelity BrokerageLink, discusses additional investment risks, and answers questions about opening an account.
- Read the Fidelity Retirement Government Money Market Portfolio prospectus. Your BrokerageLink account assets not invested in specific mutual funds will be held in Fidelity Retirement Government Money Market Portfolio.
- Read the BrokerageLink Fact Sheet for the Directed Account Plan. It describes your specific BrokerageLink features, including eligible investments and associated fees. Commission schedules and fees are subject to change.
- Complete the Fidelity BrokerageLink Acknowledgement Form and sign where indicated.
- Return your signed application in the envelope provided or mail to Fidelity Investments, PO Box 5000, Cincinnati, OH 45273-8699.